One vegetable has been identified as literal ‘superhero’ among all nutritious and beneficial food sources.
Eat it regularly and you can drive away a whole range of health issues such as; arthritis, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and even ED.
Plus it’s one of the most powerful weight loss secrets I known (and I know many).
Celery is one of the most nutritious and hydrating vegetable you can consume.
Celery leaves are a good source of vitamin A whereas the stems are rich in vitamin B1, B2, B6 and C. Apart from being a vitamin powerhouse celery is rich in the minerals calcium, iron, phosphorus and sodium. It is also a good source of amino acids, plant hormones and essential oils that give celery its characteristic smell.
The sodium content in celery is very different from the table salt most of us consume too much of. In celery, it is present in an organic form that is soluble and essential for body salt balance. Celery juice, in fact, is an excellent rehydration drink (forget the sport drinks, and try this one the next time) that replenishes the salt lost due to activity.
Below are just few of the amazing benefits of celery:
– Celery is loaded with at least 8 anti-cancer compounds that fight against different types of cancer including prostate, colon and stomach cancer.
– It lowers cholesterol by as much as 7 points even when just 2 small stalks of celery are consumed every day.
– Celery is a natural laxative that improves digestion and relieves constipation. It also relaxes nerves stressed out by artificial laxatives.
– The sodium and potassium minerals present in celery helps regulate body fluid.
– Celery is a great food source for reducing inflammation caused by different ailments like arthritis, sinusitis, gout, asthma and bronchitis.
– Drinking a glass of celery juice every day for one week results a serious drop in blood pressure.
– The chemical compounds in celery have a soothing effect on the nerves and helps induce sleep.
– Celery juice helps eliminate toxins from the body and dissolves urinary and gall bladder stones.
This vegetable has even been shown to have the power to increase sexuality without causing side effects of pharmaceutical drugs.
And since it’s a negative calorie food (you burn more digesting it than you get calories from eating it) – the more celery you eat, the slimmer you’ll get.
The next time you visit the greengrocer, don’t forget to stock up on celery, and include it in your diet every day for amazing benefits and good health.
For even more powerful methods to tackle various diseases, click the links below: